Saturday, April 11, 2009

Grease, clarified.

Grease is the word, is the word, is the word…


I thought the kids from West Beverly were the oldest high schoolers ever…until I rewatched grease. These “kids” look like they could be the parents of high schoolers. As I watched grease through adult eyes, it was like a completely different movie.

Top 3 things I misunderstood in the movie grease



1. “If you can’t be an athlete, be an athletic supporter.”


Meaning as a kid






Meaning as an adult








2. Annette v. a net.

Meaning as a kid:
“You mean her jugs are bigger than the nets?”






her





are bigger than the





Meaning as an adult:

"Her jugs are bigger than Annette's."


oh....herrrrrr....


Meaning as a kid:

“Would you pull that crap with a net?”
(which I found to be somewhat disturbing, even as a child.

Meaning as an adult:

“Would you pull that crap with Annette?”

Ohhhhhh….her again.

“Rizzo, youre doing that without a net?”
…a real net this time. Finally, one that i actually did understand.

3. Conversations that made more sense later:

Kenickie: "My 25 cent insurance policy. It broke.”
Rizzo: “How can it break?”
Kenickie: “I bought it when I was in the seventh grade.”

…I get it now. They’re not talking about like state farm or something.

Danny: "Man, I don’t know about these chicks."
Kenickie: "Yeah, they’re only good for one thing."
Sonny: "So what are you supposed to do with them for the other 23 hours and 45 minutes of the day?"
Putzie: "Is that all it takes? 15 minutes?"

“You are supreme; the chicks are cream...”
Which actually was…?
“You are supreme; the chicks WILL cream...”

Why was I allowed to watch this as a kid??!!

5 comments:

  1. I never saw Grease as a kid. I think the part that would have most disturbed me would have been the whole school dance scene, with that Cha-Cha girl. I only say that because it disturbed me as an adult.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, yeah...bc she's like 40. she even looks bad for a 40-year-old. why the hell would they try to pass her off as a teenager?

    ....

    or

    are you meaning the blue moons?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not to mention Rizzo's "defective typewriter" line.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol!! nice...yeah, that one got me too. never even noticed it as a kid, though, so it didnt make the list. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  5. very cute!! love grease!! and there were a lot of inuendos i realized also as i got older that made me go, "holy crap... this movie is nothing but sex!" ... well, sex and music. lol

    ReplyDelete